PENCIL’S VISION AND CORE COMMITTMENTS:
PENCIL exists to create a world where Metro Nashville Public School (MNPS) students and teachers have equitable access to resources and opportunities, empowering students to succeed now and in the future. We will do this by creating a community that respects the unique perspectives and experiences of all stakeholders through proactive listening, continuous learning, and tireless advocacy for every student.
Our work is guided by the needs of MNPS, is student centric, and is achieved through intentional partnerships and tangible engagements.
As the PENCIL team, we will:
- Be collaborative and inclusive —By encouraging conversations that amplify and uplift the voices of all students and communities, especially those marginalized by inequitable systems.
- Act with transparency and integrity —By striving to continually educate ourselves, intentionally recruit and retain diverse staff and stakeholders, and encourage everyone to share their authentic perspectives and experiences to our work.
- Demonstrate kindness and gratitude— By valuing the unique experiences that each student, staff, and community member bring to our work.
The Data Coordinator will work to support Accelerating Scholars in all areas of database management, reporting, and attendance tracking. This position will also own helpdesk support for all tutors, students, and staff who need technical assistance with Accelerating Scholars technology. The Data Coordinator will process daily background check reports for Accelerating Scholars and a general weekly report for other background check needs. This position includes volunteer facing interactions, and therefore strong communication skills are required.
- Manage the entire background check process for Accelerating Scholars —which includes clear and timely communication of data to quickly move volunteers through the system
- Troubleshoot/resolve background check issues
- Run daily data reports
- Manage background check correspondence with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with Data Manager to resolve tech issues
- Become proficient with the GoSchoolBox platform
- Provide helpdesk support to Accelerating Scholars personnel (staff/volunteers/students)
- Track student attendance (for both in person and remote tutoring sessions) and share data with stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Coordinate with MNPS staff to ensure student/tutor data is accurate
- EDUCATION – Bachelor’s Degree is required (minimum) preferably in a technology field; business or related fields may also apply
- SKILLS –
- Experience with reporting (developing, analyzing and presenting reports)
- Proven ability to problem solve, set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including mail merge features
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work independently and proactively without daily instruction is critical, but must display teamwork and conflict resolution skills.
- EXPERIENCE – Must have previous experience with database reporting
- CONFIDENTIALITY – ability to manage sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner as outlined in PENCIL’s Confidentiality Policy
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
WORK SCHEDULE & HOURS:
This position works 40 hours each week, typically Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with occasional evening and weekend hours for special events. However, schedule flexibility is available on an as-needed basis.
This job profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks required, it is to provide a general description of essential job responsibilities.
PENCIL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete applications will include: resume, cover letter, and 3 references.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions about this position. Please no phone inquiries.